~ Watchmen on the Wall
“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem” Psalm 122:6a
November 2017 Prayer Points
- Pray Israelis will experience Adonai’s peace no matter their physical circumstances. Pray Jesus, Y’Shua, will be revealed to Jewish people in Israel and globally.
Living a “normal” life looks different in Israel and other nations from our daily life. Israelis live under continual stress, tensions and threats. For many Ethiopian and South American Jews where nations reel from government upheaval, lack of basic necessities, riots and criminal activity are the norm. Real peace will come to Israel, and any nation, when she is reconciled to God.
You are my hiding place−You will protect me from distress. You surround me with songs of deliverance. Shelah
Psalms 32:7 Holy Scriptures Tree of Life Version
- Pray believers will repent for association with anti-Semitism. Pray believers will reconcile with Jews. Pray believers will reject Replacement (or Fulfilment theology) and understand God’s lasting purposes for Israel and our spiritual connection to the Jewish people.
October 31 is the 500-year anniversary of the Reformation when Martin Luther is said to have nailed his ‘Ninety-Five Theses’ on the doors of the All Saints Church in Wittenberg, Germany restoring the Bible to ordinary believers. Later in his life Luther also perpetuated traditional Christian anti-Semitism. Replacement theology is a tool of the powers of darkness to obscure the purpose of God. Many churches taught God had abandoned the Jews and the Church had replaced Israel as God’s redemptive agent in the world. The restored Jewish nation testifies the Lord is a covenant-keeping God.
It’s news I’m most proud to proclaim, this extraordinary Message of God’s powerful plan to rescue everyone who trusts him, starting with Jews and then right on to everyone else! God’s way of putting people right shows up in the acts of faith, confirming what Scripture has said all along: “The person in right standing before God by trusting him really lives.” Romans 1:16-17 The Message
- Pray the Jewish Ethiopians will assimilate into Israeli culture by learning Hebrew and skills for employment. Pray for the few Messianic Ethiopian congregations who are experiencing persecution.
Beginning in the 1980’s the government of Israel airlifted Ethiopian Jews out of political turmoil in the poverty stricken country of Ethiopia into a modern society. Presently 180,000 Ethiopians live in Israel and are often the recipients of racial hostility, rejection, discrimination, poverty and addiction.
Hold on tightly to instruction, do not let it go−guard it, for it is your life. Do not enter the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil people. Avoid it−do not travel on it−turn away from it and pass by. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them and health to their whole body. Proverbs 4:13-15, 21-22 Holy Scriptures Tree of Life Version
Prayer requests for Jacob’s Hope
- For all Jacob’s Hope team members and families: healing, strength, traveling mercies for those traveling overseas in December, direction for life
- For other people to accept the calling/opportunity to join us in our efforts to bless the Jewish people and see them come to faith in the Jewish Messiah Jesus
- For clarity of plans and purposes for the Hope Center to be established in Israel
- Prayer for sustainable strategies to build the Kingdom of God among the Jewish-believing communities
- “Building on the Favor of the Lord” is our ministry’s theme this year and we need a continuing spirit now and in the future
“We thank you, God, we thank you–your Name is our favorite word; your mighty works are all we talk about.”
Psalms 75:1 The Message
Thank you for praying. We started small in January of this year not knowing who would respond to the invitation from Jacob’s Hope to join together in prayer. Today there are 68 individuals and several groups praying as part of Watchmen on the Wall for the state of Israel and Jewish people around the world. We are part of something bigger and there is power when we unite to pray. We do not always see the answers to our prayers in the physical, but some day we will. We know our prayers do not return void but accomplish what we ask of God when we agree with His Word. We pray the blessed Promise of Genesis 12:3 over you. We are grateful for each of our prayer partners.
Allow us to partner with you to pray for your needs. It is our privilege.
USPS: Jacob’s Hope, P.O. Box 1046, Springfield, MO 65801
To become part of Jacob’s Hope “Watchmen on the Wall”: CLICK HERE