1. Pray for protection upon the people during the September festivals. Pray Jehovah Rohi (The Lord my Shepherd) will lead them to understanding and acceptance of Messiah Y’Shua.
We are currently in the month of Elul, a time of prayer, soul-searching, and repentance for national sins. This is followed by Rosh Hashanah, the Feast of Trumpets, (sunset Sept. 20 – sunset Sept. 22), that begins the ten Days of Awe when people ask Adonai to grant forgiveness, as well as, peace, prosperity and blessing for the coming year. Yom Kippur (sundown Sept.29 − sundown Sept. 30) is the holiest day of the year with the recurring theme of personal repentance and making restitution among family.
Bring us back to you, Adonai, and we will return. Renew our days as of old Lamentations 5:21
Show me Your ways, ADONAI. Teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth, and teach me, for You are God, my salvation, for You I wait all day. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my rebellion. According to Your mercy remember me, for the sake of Your goodness, ADONAI. Good and upright is ADONAI. Therefore He directs sinners in the way. He guides the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble His way. Psalms 25:4-5, 7-9
2. Pray anti-Semitic attitudes will diminish and to uncover and disband anti-Semitic activities in countries worldwide.
Jewish-owned businesses in Israel with are being targeted for malicious vandalism. In the West Bank BDS is affecting Jewish-owned businesses and their Arab employees who work side-by-side with Jews. It hurts the local West Bank Arab economy. Lebanon, Jordan and Tunisia have banned a movie due to the Jewish female lead. Anti-Semitic activity is increasing in the UK and France.
Surely I trust that I will see the goodness of ADONAI in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13
Yet all who devour you will be devoured, and all your foes−all of them−will go into captivity.
3. Pray for protection around the land of Israel.
Iran is moving weapons by way of the Mediterranean Sea and entering Syria through a new Russian-Iranian port operation in the city of Tartus. There are thousands of Shi’ite militia fighters in Syria where they are filling the void left by the continuing departure of ISIS. Meanwhile, Hezbollah in Lebanon has been building its arsenal of rockets and missiles, relying on Iranian know-how and technology to do so.
Now you are shattered by the seas in the depths of the waters. Ezekiel 27:34a
When evildoers approached me to devour my flesh−my adversaries and my foes−they stumbled and fell. Though an army camp besieges me, my heart will not fear. Psalms 27:2-3a
Prayer requests for Jacob’s Hope
• For all Jacob’s Hope team members and families: answers for life, ministry now and in the future, healing, strength, courage
• “Building on the Favor of the Lord” is our ministry’s theme this year is and we need a continuing spirit now and in the future
• Prayer for establishing partnerships to build the Kingdom of God among the Jewish-believing communities, that we are able to develop, enhance and gain more territory in the areas we are currently serving
• The opportunity for other people to join with us in our efforts to bless the Jewish people and see them come to faith in the Jewish Messiah Jesus
• That the works of the enemy would be continually thwarted by Y’Shua as we move out in faith for the greater works in these days through the power of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) working in and through us
Wait for ADONAI. Be strong, let Your heart take courage, and wait for ADONAI. Psalm 27:14