August 2017 Prayer Points
1. Pray for Israel’s security forces protecting the Temple Mount that methods used for security will be unobtrusive and effective against attacks allowing access to all worshipers. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem that evil plans fail and the enemies of God would be caught in their own traps.
Most of you are aware of the elevated tensions over the Temple Mount. The security situation began on July 14 when three Israeli Arabs staged an attack at the Temple Mount killing two Israeli police officers. Israel temporarily closed the site for an investigation and then reopened it with metal detectors and cameras. Muslims refused to pass through these security measures and, even after the metal detectors and cameras were removed, staged massive demonstrations outside the Old City of Jerusalem for a “day of rage” at the urging of Muslim religious leaders. The Arab rioters have moved beyond the Temple Mount area to Arab region of the West Bank.
Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by safely. Psalms 141:10
You shall break the nations with an iron scepter. You shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s jar. Psalms 2:9
May all who hate Zion be driven back in disgrace. Psalms 129:5
2. Pray the voices that declare and stir up hate towards God’s Chosen people will be silenced.
On Friday July 21 a Muslim Iman at the Islamic Center Davis (California) called on Allah to annihilate the Jews everywhere. A subsequent announcement stated the Iman’s words were taken out of context, edited and mistranslated skewing the intended meaning. Meanwhile in Israel, Al Jazeera, the Qatari news station in Jerusalem, has been inciting violence against Israel in its news reporting so the Israeli government is taking steps to shut down the station. Other Arab countries such as Egypt, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia have already expelled this media from their countries for inciting terrorism.
Whoever wants to love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit, turn from evil and do good, seek peace and chase after it. For ADONAI keeps his eyes on the righteous and his ears are open to their prayers; but the face of ADONAI is against those who do evil things. 1 Peter 3:10-12
But avoid godless chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness and their words will spread like cancer. 2 Timothy 2:16-17a
3. Pray the Holy Spirit will fall on Messianic Israelis to pray for their nation.
Real peace in Jerusalem will only come with the return of Messiah Jesus.
When My people, Over whom My Name is called, humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Prayer requests for Jacob’s Hope
- For all Jacob’s Hope team members and families: healing, strength, courage, answers for life, ministry now and in the future
- “Building on the Favor of the Lord” is our ministry’s theme this year is and we need a continuing spirit now and in the future
- Prayer for sustainable strategies to build the Kingdom of God among the Jewish-believing communities, that we are able to develop, enhance and gain more territory in the areas we are currently serving
- The opportunity for other people to join with us in our efforts to bless the Jewish people and see them come to faith in the Jewish Messiah Jesus
- That the works of the enemy would be continually thwarted by Y’Shua as we move out in faith for the greater works in these days through the power of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) working in and through us
Yes, Adonai will give what is good, and our land will yield its produce. Psalm 85:13