May 2023 Prayer Points – Together We Can Pray
Together we can pray!
Isaiah 62 Fast: May 7-28, 2023 – Together we can.
You may choose to participate in the Isaiah 62 Fast this May 7th – 28th. Initially, Mike Bickle, International House of Prayer Kansas City (IHOPKC), organized a celebration for 24 years in ministry by asking their employees to pray and fast for Israel over 21 days. This led to extending the invitation globally looking for 100,000 prayer warriors who would pray and fast. Now a collaboration of several thousand ministries and millions of believers are agreeing to intercede and fast for Jerusalem, Israel and the Jewish people.
Paul writes in Romans 11 that Gentile believers are to provoke the Jewish people to jealousy. The Holy Spirit prays through us in removing the blinders off the Jewish people’s eyes concerning the revelation that Jesus Christ is their Messiah.
“… Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?” Romans 11:13-15 ESV
- The peace of Jerusalem
- Salvation of the Jewish people
- Supernatural unity among the citizens
- Protection in and around the land
- Intercessors for Israel and the Jewish people
Pray for an Outpouring of the Spirit
Shavuot is not as well-known as other Jewish holidays. Shavuot is May 25-27 to observe the giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai as well as the grain harvest for the summer. In the Old Testament, it is one of three pilgrimage festivals when all the Jewish men would go to Jerusalem and bring their first fruits as offerings to God. Today the observance involves a festive meal of dairy foods, reading the Book of Ruth, staying up all night reading the Torah, and hearing the Ten Commandments read aloud in synagogue.
Believers will observe Pentecost on Sunday May 28 to remember the out pouring of the Holy Spirit so long ago in the Upper Room in Jerusalem and continuing today all over the world. It is the Believers’ privilege to intercede for all people who have not yet come to Messiah, who have not yet received the power of the Holy Spirit.
“To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are uncircumcised, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the Lord is to them an object of scorn; they take no pleasure in it. I set watchmen over you, saying, ‘Pay attention to the sound of the trumpet!’ But they said, ‘We will not pay attention.’” Jeremiah 6:10, 17 ESV
- The Lord to circumcise ears to hear His voice and follow
- The Jewish people who accept Yeshua to experience the power of the Holy Spirit
- Those who hate Jewish people and who are called by His name to humble themselves, pray, seek His face and turn from their wicked ways
Pray for Jacob’s Hope – We come together to bring Hope to the Jewish people.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:2
- Ethiopian, Messianic students prepare for upcoming classes
- Traveling mercies and strength for Brent & Bonnie while they teach the Messianic Bible students in Ethiopia
- A fresh outpouring of the Spirit on our missionaries to effectively accomplish ministry
- Workers with Jewish understanding to come to the harvest field
Sign up to get the Jacob’s Hope Newsletter
Follow Jacob’s Hope on Face Book
It is our privilege to pray for your needs.
JH Office: 417-865-3295 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org