August Prayer Points – Focus On The Caribbean
Focus on the Caribbean
The unrest in Cuba directs our thoughts to the Caribbean Jewish population. Although small in numbers, the Sephardic, Jewish Spanish-speaking people group, is also part of the diaspora. Prior to expulsion from Spain in 1492, the Jewish people experienced forced conversion to Catholicism but often continued practicing Judaism in secret. Then, in 1497, Portugal expelled the Jewish people who made their way to Brazil. Furthermore, through the centuries they continued to flee from anti-Semitism in Eastern Europe, Russia, and Germany and made homes in the Caribbean and Latin America. Also the Caribbean Jewish history is entwined with global commerce, arts, and piracy, and the development of North and South America.
Jacob’s Hope comes along side Caribbean and Latin America missionaries and Messianic leaders. Also this ministry works to strengthen relationships between pastors, disciple Messianic believers, and extend compassionate outreach.
“Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name
and glory in your praise.” Psalm 106:47
- The Lord will provide for the needs of the Caribbean Jewish people and their neighbors
- Those who bless Israel will be blessed (Gen. 12:3)
- Those who desire to return to Israel will find the door open
- The Lord will hear the cries of His people and He will answer
Prayer for the IDF
The newest group of eighteen year olds will begin IDF basic training this fall. Likewise male and female enlistees will train for their assignments, but the Lord will prepare them in ways beyond what eye can see.
“But you, dress for action; stand up and tell them everything I order you to say. They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you,” says Adonai, “to rescue you.” Jeremiah 1:17a, 19
- The eighteen year olds will be mentally and physically prepared for service
- The Lord will give wisdom and discernment to each soldier
- Messianic believers will connect with the community of believers within the military
- God’s supernatural protection over the military and Israel
- Plans of the enemy to be dismantled
- Righteous leadership
- The parents of these young people will have peace as they send their son or daughter to basic training
- The peace of Jerusalem
Prayer for Jacob’s Hope
- General Council is August 2-6. We need covering for travel, protection from illness, divine appointments, productive meetings, elections, stamina for the all-day events, and no fear. Our missionaries have multiple obligations each day.
- The National Jewish Fellowship convention begins noon on August 6 and overlaps the GC. As support for this Assembly of God group our missionaries are attending. Again, we ask for health, the business meeting to go smoothly, strengthening of relationships, and no fear.
- Believers with Jewish understanding to answer God’s call to this ministry
- Our prayer partners who stand in the gap for the Israeli people, and Jewish people around the globe (health, strength, comfort for those grieving, and family relationships)
BE A WATCHMEN ON THE WALL, Pray for Israel CLICK HERE
It is our privilege to pray for your needs.
Contact information: phone 417-865-3295 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org