Sept 2023 – High Holy Day Prayers
High Holy Day Prayers –
Prayers for the High Holy Days
This year there are three holy festivals occurring in September, Rosh Hashanah or Feast of Trumpets (Sept 15-17), Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement (Sept 24-25) and Sukkot or the Feast of Tabernacles (beginning Sept 29 until Oct 6). A record of these annual events is in Leviticus 23. Verses 23-25 record the command for the annual Feast of Trumpets. It is a holiday from work and the communities celebrate by eating sweet foods symbolizing a sweet year to come. The trumpet sound from the shofar calls for the presence of the Lord. Verses 26-32 records how the Temple’s high priest would intercede for the entire nation of Israel by entering the holy of holies once a year. After the Temple’s destruction, the individual confesses their sins to God and asks for forgiveness which is the rabbinical plan for atonement, not God’s plan. God’s plan has always been the sacrifice of Jesus, as high priest, who made atonement for every sinner, Jew and Gentile. Hebrews 9 records the atonement. “… he (Christ) entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption”. Verses 33-36 record the seven-day feast of Sukkot.
The time when Jewish people annually reflect on their lives and repent is between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. These are known as the Ten Days of Awe. Watchmen pray for eyes of the Jewish people to open. They pray there will be Jewish people who hear God’s voice and understand what He is speaking to their heart.
NOTE: The Hebrew date begins and ends at sunset.
A DAILY PRAYER FOCUS FOR THE TEN DAYS OF AWE
- Sep 15 The peace of Jerusalem to prevail during the holy days
- Sep 16 The Jewish person to desire a personal relationship with the Lord
- Sep 17 Those who seek Him, will find Him, when they seek Him with their whole heart
- Sep 18 His people will open eyes to see Messiah in the scriptures
- Sep 19 The Jewish person who fasts and prays for forgiveness will find it through faith in Messiah’s sacrifice
- Sep 20 No weapon formed against Israel will prosper
- Sep 21 Many Jewish people to find Messiah, the true peace over their heart and land
- Sep 22 The people will read the scriptures for themselves and by faith, believe
- Sep 23 The Jewish people will receive the new heart that the Lord desires to give them
- Sep 24 Many will call upon the name of the Lord and be saved
Prayer for Jacob’s Hope
Our missionaries Brent and Wade will be teaching and ministering in Ethiopia until September 7. The Messianic pastors attending classes at the Addis Bible College (AG) can travel up to two days by bus. Due to national conflicts and bandits, security guards accompany them. These pastor/students take risks to learn and receive encouragement to fulfill their calling. The students come from different tribes, and while there can be playful teasing as to which tribe is superior, Holy Spirit unites them. Worship will spontaneously breakout in the classroom or hallway. Comradery is thick among these students. We know the Lord has plans for growing them as leaders, strengthening their congregations and blessing the nation of Ethiopia.
- Protection while traveling, as well as good health for the students and our missionaries
- Peace to supernaturally prevail in Ethiopia specifically over the Bible College and the city of Addis Ababa
- Financial provision for security guards, transportation and projects
- Strongholds of superstition to be broken regarding the Ethiopian Jewish people
- Spirit-lead ministry opportunities
- The Hope Center to have favor with its community leaders
- More workers for the harvest field
- God’s protection over our missionaries’ adult children and young grandchildren
It is our privilege to pray for your needs.
Contact information: phone 417-865-3295 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org