August 2022 Prayer Points: Ultra-Orthodox Communities
Ultra- Orthodox Communities
Pray for the ultra-Orthodox Students
The students attending school in ultra-Orthodox communities have tightly controlled educational opportunities. The community leaders are serious about Joshua 1:8 that one should meditate on the Torah day and night. The boys’ education has limited instruction in math, science, history and the language of the host country (English in the US, Hebrew in Israel). By high school the secular subjects are dropped for only Torah study.
The girls are blocked from studying Torah even if they show interest. Education for girls includes the laws of the Sabbath, the value of modesty, and how to be a good wife and mother. Their limited secular education is only for the purpose of finding work, usually with low wages. “The sages command that a man should not teach his daughter Torah since most women are not given to being taught,” according the renowned Jewish scholar Maimonides.
“As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.” Daniel 1:17
- Those who desire to learn (girls included) will have the resources and opportunities
- Students to dream and have visions for their future
- God to give the students learning and skill in all literature and wisdom
- Students to become competent to stand in the king’s palace
- The students to grow in their own desire to study Torah, and in doing so, they find Yeshua
Pray for Israel
Our contacts in the Land say, “It’s a mess. Please pray for us. Our congregations continue to supply refugees. The Ministry of the Interior needs prayer.” In part, this ministry is responsible for citizenship, residency, and entry visas. The ultra-Orthodox interior minister stated he regrets the immigration of Israelis from the former Soviet Union because many are not Jewish. Discrimination, racism and harassment from these policies occur against immigrants, cross-cultural marriages where only one spouse is Jewish, and Messianic leaders.
“I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and I find knowledge and discretion. The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil.
Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate. I have counsel and sound wisdom; I have insight; I have strength. By me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just; by me princes rule, and nobles, all who govern justly. I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.” Proverbs 8:12-17
- The Israel Ministry of the Interior will decree what is just
- Care for the many Jewish and non-Jewish Ukrainian refugees
- Leadership that fears the Lord
- Unity among Messianic leaders and congregations
- The enemies of Israel to be scattered
- Protection over the land of Israel
Pray for Jacob’s Hope
JH Director Brent is teaching future pastors at Addis Ababa Bible College (ABC), Ethiopia. The course is taught in English. The student must understand English to attend. This is their second language and abilities vary.
- The Holy Spirit to anoint Director Brent as he teaches this specific course
- The Holy Spirit anoints the students to comprehend the lessons
- The civil disturbances will not interfere with the classes at ABC
- The Lord will protect students traveling to and from ABC
- Travel, luggage arrives, health and stamina for our director
It is our privilege to pray for your needs.
Contact information: phone 417-865-3295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org