Many Israelis die from Covid-19
Pray for an End to the Covid Pandemic
More Israelis have died from Covid-19 than from all the wars and terror attacks of the last 20 years. Consequently Israel’s death toll due to Covid-19 is over 1,500. In this country of 9 million people it is among the worst in the world on a per capita basis. One day this week saw 9,200 new cases with an average of 9% being severely ill and requiring hospitalization. Beginning September 25 Israel is on a three week national lockdown. Synagogues are closed and prayer services can only be in open areas with a limit of 20 people. This is an intense spiritual season for the souls of the Jewish people who are wrapped up in traditions.
The politically influential ultra-Orthodox community objects to limits on public prayer during the ongoing Jewish holidays. As a result causing anger generally to increase against politicians. Small business owners who made it through the first lockdown are really struggling now to survive. In fact, all people are struggling to stay healthy emotionally. In conclusion any progress made with peace treaties with Bahrain and United Arab Emirates pales in comparison to the overshadowing gloom of the pandemic and subsequent mandates.
Sukkot – Feast of Tabernacles
Sukkot is the next fall festival 10/3-10/11. It is the only festival with the Lord’s command to celebrate with rejoicing (Leviticus 23:33-44). Nightly meals with family and friends are traditional while they recall the exodus from Egypt and the temporary tents of their ancestors. This festival welcomes the Lord to come tabernacle with them again. This year’s gatherings are limited in size and must be within a 1,000 meters from home.
“Brothers, my heart’s deepest desire and my prayer to God for Isra’el is for their salvation; 2 for I can testify to their zeal for God. But it is not based on correct understanding; 3 for, since they are unaware of God’s way of making people righteous and instead seek to set up their own, they have not submitted themselves to God’s way of making people righteous. 4 For the goal at which the Torah aims is the Messiah, who offers righteousness to everyone who trusts.” Romans 10:1-4 CJB
PRAY FORTHOSE EFFECTED BY THE DEVISTATION OF COVID:
- All Israelis experiencing the severe lockdown
- The Lord to draw His people away from the teachings of the rabbis and back to His Word
- The Jewish people will search the Scriptures and know Messiah Yeshua for themselves
- The salvation of His chosen people for it points to the nearness of the soon return of our King
- Those ill with COVID-19 will be healed by the Great Physician
- The Lord to comfort those who mourn the loss of family or friend
- The Lord to rescue those who are struggling emotionally to survive
- The small business owner that sees his business, his dreams and hopes collapsing
- Those that have a personal relationship with Yeshua will not experience fear or anxiety
- The Lord will bless individuals and nations that bless Israel (Genesis 12:3)
Prayer for Jacob’s Hope
- For our supporters and prayer partners, the Lord will meet all their needs
- Health for our JH missionaries
- Spirit empowerment for Jewish evangelism
- Clarity of direction for emerging partnerships
- Shalom for the entire missionary community
It is our privilege to pray for your needs.
Contact information: phone 417-865-3295 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a Watchmen on the Wall and receive a monthly prayer list from Jacob’s Hope.