Unfamiliar Time – Praying – April 2020 Prayer Points
The world is experiencing unfamiliar events and, to some extent, every person will feel the effect. Jacob’s Hope missionary Wade is making an early departure from the Ukraine, cutting short ministry plans for the upcoming week due to the travel ban from Europe. Many of the AG World missionaries are experiencing difficult circumstances, illness, travel disruptions, isolation. It’s is time to engage with prayer, reflection, and regrouping to meet the needs of a broken world.
Pray for Joy and Shalom
We will magnify the greatness of God when the world shakes. Instead of speaking words of fear we choose to speak the promises of God and change the atmosphere.
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”—Psalm 27:1
“He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.”—Psalm 40:3
- The Word of God to shine brighter and bring hope to the lost
- Ministry opportunities resulting from the disruption in routines
- Wisdom and protection to missionaries, church leaders and volunteers
- Protocols to protect the health of masses will be followed
- Provision; multiply loaves and fishes
- Scientists will quickly find a cure/vaccine for COVID-19
- COVID-19 will stop as quickly as it began
- The Lord will heal those who already are ill
Praying for Pesac
Pesac/Passover is April 9. Moses and Aaron told the Hebrew children how and why they were painting lamb’s blood over lintels, eating the lamb, staying inside their home all night. The first Passover occurring at the end of the series of plagues God sent to Egypt to free His people. Passover is not only a protection over His people from the death of their firstborn but it is a feast to observe through all generations. Jewish people, and those of us grafted in, are directed to come into the presence of the Lord, sit at His feet, and receive His blessings from communion with Him.
“So this day shall be to you a memorial; and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord throughout your generations. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance.”—Exodus 12:14
- Jewish people will see Yeshua in the Passover observance
- The Lord will release Jewish people from the threat of enemies
Pray for Jacob’s Hope
- Equip missionaries with a fresh outpouring of the Spirit to effectively accomplish ministry
- Wisdom and discernment in decision-making
- Encourage and strengthen all missionaries
It is our privilege to pray for your needs.
Jacob’s Hope Office: 417-865-3295 (please use email only because of “shelter in place” rules in Springfield, MO at this time. Thank you) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org