March 2021 Prayer Points – Passover / Pesach
Prayers for Pesach (Passover)
Passover and Palm Sunday coincide this year beginning March 28. The Lord commands Passover as one of the appointed times. Remember who He is and what He has done on this yearly feast day of Passover. Most importantly it is the day to remember the deliverance of Israel from slavery in Egypt and also to freedom in the Promise Land. Moreover the biblical ceremony for Pesach is commonly known as the Passover Seder (“order” or “service.”)
The core of the Seder predates the time of Jesus. In Luke 22 Jesus celebrated Pesach, the day of Unleavened Bread, with His disciples following the instructions found in the Torah. After sharing the meal our God-given Passover Lamb was arrested, crucified, buried, and rose from the dead conquering sin and death. In addition Palm Sunday, along with the Christian celebration of Easter, marking the resurrection of Messiah, is the believer’s annual remembrance of who He is and what He has done.
Passover Modifications Over Time
The Passover Seder has been modified in Judaism over time and, yet, symbolism pointing to Messiah Yeshua appears in the Passover meal. Beginning in Egypt to present day. The Passover Lamb provided to the Jewish people and to the Gentile world through His atonement has grafted us into the same spiritual family. Attending a Seder presents the opportunity for the Christian to remember their freedom from sin by the blood of the Lamb and new covenant relationship.
5 Now may the God of patience and encouragement grant you to be like-minded with one another in the manner of Messiah Yeshua, 6 so that together with one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. 7 Therefore accept one another just as Messiah also accepted you, to the glory of God.
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and shalom in trusting, so you may overflow with hope in the power of the Ruach ha-Kodesh (Holy Spirit).
21Those who have never been told shall see, and those who have not heard shall understand.
― Romans 15:5-7, 13, 21 TLV
- Jewish eyes to open to the symbolism of Messiah Yeshua in the Seder
- Discipleship of new believers in Messiah Yeshua
- The God of hope to fill all believers with all joy and shalom
- Jewish people and Christians should be like-minded with one another. Therefore act as Messiah Yeshua
- An end to hate speech, anti-Semitism, likewise anti-biblical developments
- The peace of Jerusalem and protection over the nation of Israel
- The Lord to bring order from the confusion of the fourth Israeli election in two years
- An end to the pandemic
- Travel to resume to and from Israel
Prayer for Jacob’s Hope
- Healing and strength for our missionaries
- Spirt-empowered ministry
- Favor with leadership for future ministry
- Multiplication of fruit from current ministry partnerships
- Partnership between Ethiopian Messianic congregations and AG churches
- Well drilling preparations come together for Jewish Ethiopian community
- Believers with Jewish understanding will accept the Lord’s call to serve in missions
- Many of our prayer and financial partners need healing for themselves or family member
It is our privilege to pray for your needs.
Contact information: 417-865-3295 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org